Monday, March 18, 2013

DIY Patched Jeans

I got my first pair of boyfriend jeans for my birthday! The only problem with them, is that they had a couple of intentional holes high up on the thigh. I want my jeans to last a while and I don't like skin that high showing, so I decided I would get some patches and cover the holes up. I wanted to get floral patterns to place on the hole, but I realized that would limit what I could wear my jeans with, so I just decided to use tan patches. Here's how I fixed up my boyfriend jeans!

The materials need for DIY:
  • Jeans
  • Patches (I got mine at Wal-Mart)
  • Scissors to cut out the patches to the correct size.
  • An iron and ironing board


1. Wash your jeans so they're clean when you place the patch on.


2. Measure how big you need your patch to be and cut it out unless the patches are already the correct size.


3. Warm the section where you are placing the patch and then lay the patch down and hold the iron on the patch for 30 seconds, or until the patch is secure.


4. Tada,your finished and you have jeans that will last longer and look cuter!

Thanks for visiting Love Caroline Blog! I would love to hear from you, so don't hesitate to comment or send me an e-mail!

Follow on Bloglovin

xo
Caroline

Linking up with: Join the Gossip, Postcards from Rachel, This Weekend I, Just Because, GFC, Tea On Tuesday

8 comments :

  1. what a great idea to keep distressed jeans the perfect holeyness!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holey jeans always intimidate me. I don't think I've ever bought a pair. Used or new. Good DIY!

    I snagged your button. Feel free to take mine too. Thanks for your encouraging word on my post today!

    patternedlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am a new follower to your lovely blog (Via GFC)and it really feel pleasure meeting new awesome bloggers like you. Found you through monday meet up.

    my blog: www.wilsontom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute tutorial! I'm with you, I'm not a fan of showing a lot of skin - or being cold ; ) I was expecting a different look, but I love this one more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative! Love it :)

    Thanks for linking up with us for {too cute!} Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I am going to be trying this soon, I hate it when the holes in my jeans make it so I can't wear them!

    www.domesticblisssquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A patch on theinside! Great idea :) and thanks heaps for linking in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! What a good idea to keep distressed jeans intact! Why didn't I think of that?

    Also, thanks for linking up with the I Love Bloglovin link up today; we're happy to have you join in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//