I've seen a ton of cute braids lately, but one that I really like is the unicorn braid. It's really different from other braids and looks so cute. Here's how you do a unicorn braid.
1. Place your hair on one side of your face and part it down the middle.
2. Then twist the strands and just act like your doing a braid and just keep placing one section of hair behind the other. Basically your just twisting a section of hair behind the other section of hair and so on.
3. Then when you reach the end use a hair tie and some hair spray and your finished!
I hope you give this look a try! It is perfect for a day when you just what to leaver your hair alone but don't want to leave it down.
Just wanted to let y'all know that I may be M.I.A. from the blog this week. My grandfather (I call him Pappy) just passed away this morning and it has been really tough. He has been sick for a while so it wasn't unexpected but it still wasn't something I wanted to happen. He was one of those people that always had a smile on and always look for the best things even if there wasn't anything to be happy about. He was super funny and I just always remember him laughing and playing with me when I was younger. I'm going to miss him a lot. If you would keep me and my family in your prayers right now, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much.
Can we just talk about how cute oxfords are! I mean seriously, they are the perfect girl shoes and say so much about your style. They have oxfords for preps, cuties, athletes, and pretty much every group of people.
My favorite oxfords are #5. I actually have those kind and I'm in love with them! If there was just one shoes I had to wear forever, they would be oxfords.
I'm so glad that got popular last year. I remember when I got my oxfords I was like the only person wearing them, and then suddenly, bam there was tons of people wearing them and there are still tons of people wearing them.
Their a shoe that should never go out of style. There going to be a timeless shoe in my wardrobe.
I got this foundation not to long ago and I have loved it. As summer is winding down though, I think I'll need to get a lighter one for fall and winter so I don't look like I'm trying to just keep my face tan. I'm a big fan of light/medium coverage foundation and this foundation is definitely that!
The soft beige 240 has been perfect for me this summer and I'll probably go just a touch lighter for fall and winter.
I have super sensitive skin which makes it blotchy red and discolored, which I hate, so I always opt to wearing foundation rather than nothing. The match perfection foundation has been perfect for my skin this summer. It has 18 SPF, which is perfect for me since I spend a lot of time outside.
What I really like about this foundation is it covers problem areas and doesn't get all cakey like some foundations. So for those of you looking for a new foundation I would highly recommend this foundation.
It has never left my skin greasy and is a breathable foundation that does its job and cover problem areas for me.
I got the bottle for a about $6 for 1 fl. oz. and I think it was a great deal! Not only does it have 18 SPF, great coverage and is cheap but it really matches to your skin!
Here's what the Rimmel website said about Match Perfection Foundation:
"A match so perfect, it's undetectable in any light! Light Perfecting
radiance foundation Traceless coverage and perfectly flawless skin under
any light Lasts all day. SPF 18"
It truly matches your skin tone, has 18 SPF, can provide light, medium or heavy coverage. Covers up problem areas and doesn't make your skin oily or dry and doesn't apply cakey.
In the end I think if your looking for a new foundation, I highly recommend Match Perfection by Rimmel as the new product for your makeup routine.
I wish I could say it's cool in Texas, but it is blazing hot and doesn't even feel like fall. I'm praying that it gets cool soon. As much as I love shorts and cute tanks and v-necks, I'm ready for the fall, cool weather.
I love to wear orange, gold and brown centered outfits and due to my basically 5 month summer I'm a little tired of wearing super bright colors and I'm not enjoy the fact that when I walk outside I'm immediately sweating. I'm sorry if I come off like I'm rude or hate summer, but since I live in the hottest part of Texas, I feel as if I have rights to be a little ticked that it's still hot.
Well, I hope your weather is cooled down. Please pray that Texas weather goes down a couple degrees this week.
One of my new favorite hair does for when I'm on the go and don't want my hair in my face is the ponytail braid. It's essentially a braided side ponytail and is perfect to wear when you're working out or doing errands and don't want to fix your hair.
I hope you give this tutorial a try!
2 hair ties
1. Start with clean, dry hair.
2. Put it in a side low ponytail.
3. Next split your hair into three equal sections and start braiding. Here's a link on how to do a messy braid
4. Next finish braiding and secure the braid with a hair tie.
5. Then loosen up the braid and your done.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that you try it out. I like it because it gives your braid that extra hold which is perfect for people who run or play sports or just want to have a secure braid.
Nothing can really explain these cute pieces from Target. Their gorgeous and the colors are just amazing! I'm loving the lavender and gray colors that are coming out and as always I love the gold and orange colors that fall brings. I don't think fall would be the same without gold and burnt orange.
Also, I'm crushing on all things peplum. The patterns and colors schemes that can be peplum tops are just amazing and so cute! I'm also loving pocket tees and the baseball type tops that aren't like normal tops. They make you look so cute and I'm crushing on #1. Also the ideal top for fall that I love is #5. The colors are just perfect for fall and I love the pocket and how it lays on the shoulders.
Well guys, I'm seriously ready for fall! I would love to hear your favorite pieces for fall!
1. Use heat less. I can probably count on both of my hands how many times I've used heat products this entire year. My hair is curly, so I naturally dry it and I don't like to straighten or curl it unless it's for a special occasion. So, make sure to use heat sparingly and air dry your hair more and embrace your natural hair.
2. Less hair products You may think everything you put in your hair is helping it, but many hair products actually make your hair oily, cakey, or more fine, which leads you to use more hair products to get rid of those things resulting in some crazy hair. So, be gentle on your hair. Make sure to check out natural masks for your hair to keep it healthy! Here are 3 masks that I've found.
3. Make sure to brush your hair everyday. This doesn't only untangle your hair, but helps stimulate your scalp, helping your hair grow faster and healthier.
6. Protect your hair from chlorine. It's still summer, which means lots of people are chilling in, out and by the pool, so make sure to protect your hair by using leave in conditioner and by immediately washing your hair after swimming.
I hope these tips help you to have healthier, beautiful hair!
This outfit is one that I absolutely love! The bright pants instead of a bright top really bring a twist to the average bold outfit. I got these pants at Target at the beginning of summer and I'm absolutely loving them!
Fall is almost here and I can't wait! I love cool weather and I have so many cute outfits that I want to try out with these bright pants. I hope you have a great Tuesday!!
I'm wearing a hug messy bun in this post that I plan to do a tutorial on soon.
I know tons of people know how to braid but I for those of you who may need a tip or two or just a visual help in perfecting your braiding, this is for you.
A Headband (optional)
Hair spray (optional)
1. Start of with straight, curly or wavy hair. I prefer doing my braids when my hair is curly. I just think it looks super cute and messier than the regular straight braids that girls sport.
2. Bring your hair to the side and split it into three equal pieces.
3. Next you have the option of how you want your braid to look. For those who want the braid tight to your face use this method.
Method 1: For a Tighter Braid You can take the piece closest to your face and bring it in front of your middle section of hair and place it there. Then bring the section of hair farthest from your hair over the middle section. Then just proceed doing the same thing over and over until you reach the tip of your hair and secure it with a hair tie.
Method 2: For a Looser Fuller Braid. You can take the piece farthest to your face and bring it across in front of
your middle section of hair and place it there, making it now the middle section of the braid. Then bring the section
of hair closest to your hair over the middle section, making it the middle section of the braid. Then just proceed doing the same thing over and over until you reach the tip of your hair and secure it with a hair tie.
4. After you've secured your braid with a hair tie, Method 1: For a Messy Look. Now use your fingers to loosen up your braid. Just pull slightly on each row of the braid to give it a fuller look. This gives the braid a messier appearance. You can also add a cute headband to complete the messy braid look. Method 2: For a Sleek Look. If you want a sleeker looking braid, just leave the braid tight and pull the hair tie tight to secure the look. Also you can use hairspray to tame any fly a ways.
And tada, your finished! You know have a gorgeous messy braid. p.s. you can pull out a couple of strand around your face to make it an even messier braid. My hair is too long for that, but those of you with layers can get away with that cute look.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I love braids and this is my go to hair style when my hair is in the way. It's also a way to get cute loose curls if you sleep on it over night. You can do so many other cute looks through just a braid, so I'll be showing you some more cute looks with braids over the next couple weeks.