My family has really enjoyed trying out different kinds of dessert this summer, and this by far is one my favorites! I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much I did!
- 3/4 Cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Cup rolled oats
- 1/2 Cup salted natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 Cup maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (We used cocoa powder and made a chocolate sauce)
- Grab a tray and line it with wax paper
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl
- Whisk the wet ingredients with a hand mixer or electric mixer and add dry ingredients.
- Make cocoa powder drizzle
- Scoop up the cookie dough into balls and place on a the lined tray and drizzle or dip them in the cocoa sauce and enjoy!
- Place the tray in the freezer for an hour to get the real cookie dough feel. (optional)
Takes 15 minutes
Hope you give this recipe a try! It's one of my families new favorite desserts/ snacks!