Monday, September 2, 2013

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Dough Balls

Happy Labor Day! Here's a great recipe to start off your school year! The recipe is simple, easy and tastes so good! I hope you enjoy it and have a great Labor Day!!
My family has really enjoyed trying out different kinds of dessert this summer, and this by far is one my favorites! I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much I did!

Ingredients:

  1. 3/4 Cup whole wheat pastry flour
  2. 1 Cup rolled oats
  3. 1/2 Cup salted natural creamy peanut butter
  4. 1/3 Cup maple syrup
  5. 1/4 Cup unsweetened applesauce
  6. 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
  7. 1/4 Cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (We used cocoa powder and made a chocolate sauce)
Directions:
  1. Grab a tray and line it with wax paper
  2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl
  3. Whisk the wet ingredients with a hand mixer or electric mixer and add dry ingredients.
  4. Make cocoa powder drizzle
  5. Scoop up the cookie dough into balls and place on a the lined tray and drizzle or dip them in the cocoa sauce and enjoy!
  6. Place the tray in the freezer for an hour to get the real cookie dough feel. (optional)
Yields: 16 servings (I would double the recipe)
Takes 15 minutes
I could barely get a picture before my sister started eating the cookie dough balls. They were/are super good!
 Hope you give this recipe a try! It's one of my families new favorite desserts/ snacks!


 photo Sig_zps6fb098ce.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//