- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats (Not Instant)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (1 Medium Lemon)
- 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) salted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup fresh apple, peeled and finely chopped (1 Medium Apple)
- 6 ounces raisins (About 1 Cup)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredient in a medium bowl until mixed well.
- Cream sugar and butter together in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Add egg, applesauce and honey and mix at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture, fresh apple, raisins, and blend at low speed until mixed well. Dough will be soft.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Linking up with: Just Because, GFC, Tea On Tuesday, Style Elixir, Tasteful Tuesday, Style Statement Tuesday, Taste of Tuesday, What We Wore, Made and Read, Real Girl Style, Wardrobe Wednesday, Too Cute Tuesday, BlogLovin'