Friday, February 22, 2013

High Five For Friday


1. This past weekend I went on a weekend retreat. Inhabit was the theme, and it was about being set apart from the world. Romans 12:2 says, Do not conform to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good, pleasing and perfect will. (NIV) This scripture reminded me that the world's ways are not always God's ways. All things said, I had a great weekend last week!!

2. My brother got me this bracelet from his study abroad trip to Costa Rica. It's gorgeous and reminds me to pray for not only the people in Costa Rica, but also for my brother, who is trying to become fluent in Spanish.

3. I got a letter from the child I sponsor through Compassion Internaional! The girl I sponsor is so sweet, and she drew me an orange (even though it's green). Her name is Vida, and she is a sweet girl. Please pray for her and her family, she lives in an aids infected area and can really use prayer for protection and for her families well being. If you would like to learn more about sponsoring a child in a third world country, check out the Compassion Website.

4. I got a new journal, and I am so excited about using it! Considering how I am finishing the journal I have now, I really needed a new one.

5.  Made a rope braid and it was so cute! Loving the look and so excited about figuring different ways to style one.

Happy Friday!

Thank you so much for visiting Love, Caroline! I would love to hear from you by leaving a comment below or contacting me through email. Your support is always so appreciated! Have a great rest of the week!!

Linking up with: From My Grey Desk, Lipgloss and Crayons

19 comments :

  1. Love the braid, really cute. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your bracelet! Costa Rica is so beautiful, I'm glad your brother was able to enjoy it. Also, I just found your blog. It's cute! You're cute! Aaaaand I am now a follower. :)

    Take care,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is amazing, creative and lovely. I am so excited to follow! I hope you follow back so we can stay in touch xoxo

    ps come link up your best post from the week on my blog hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is lovely, as are you girl! I think it is really inspiring that you are sponsoring a child. It makes me want to do the same thing. It's incredible.

    Xoxo,
    Missy

    http://colorthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I really enjoy sponsoring my child, and I encourage you to do it! It really has made a difference in my life to know I can impact someones life that is 1,000 of miles away.

      xo
      Caroline

      Delete
  5. Your weekend retreat sounds so lovely! Nothing like taking a break from the world and having a few moments just to be alone with God's Word. :)

    I'm now following you back, pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing and well needed time to be alone with God!

      xo
      Caroline

      Delete
  6. Love your braid, such a simple and cute hairdo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, the rope braid is adorable! Sad it's not Friday anymore... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too! It would mean more time to rest and relax.

      xo
      Caroline

      Delete
  8. Really cute rope braid :)

    ninikat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fabulous weekend! I'm sure breaking away and enjoying time with God in a retreat setting was wonderful. I grew up in a church that planned those events each season. It was really fun to go back to the same spot with the same leaders! Love the bracelet, journal and rope braid!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to go to a retreat! Was it through your church or something?

    Also, we're always talking about journals over at H&J. Come over and give us your input!

    xo!
    Jane
    Harley & Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Caroline! thanks for stopping by my blog :) I LOVE meeting another Caroline!!

    following & cannot wait to get to know you more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really excited when I found your blog. It's always funny to find someone else with your name.

      I have really enjoyed following your blog and can't wait for what you will post next!



      xo
      Caroline


      Delete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//