Sunday, December 30, 2012

DIY: Dress to Maxi Skirt

With Christmas break, me and my sister found that we had a lot of time on our hands. So, we decided to make the most of it. We turned a dress that we both did not find very attractive into a cute maxi skirt!
Supplies: Dress, Elastic

Pantry Supplies: Sewing Machine, Scissors, Sewing Pins
1. First,cut the top of the dress off.
2. Next pin the elastic (an 1" from the edge of the fabric, then fold over) in the place where you cut off the top of the dress. next, go to the sewing machine and sew the elastic in place by sewing the folded material onto the the skirt. Make sure you measure out the needed elastic for your size! After that, you are finished!
Now you have a new Maxi Skirt!! Enjoy!
Thank you so much for visiting Love, Caroline! I would love to hear from you by leaving a comment below or contacting me through email. Your support is always so appreciated! Have a great rest of the week!!

4 comments :

  1. great refashion! I've shared your link on my FB page! thanks for linking up to I spy refashion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great refashion! I have a dress I want to do this for this summer, I pinned it!

    www.domesticblisssquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. I love maxi skirts in the spring. Super cute and comfy! Thanks for linking up to the Frugal, Crafty, Home blog hop!
    xoxo, Jordan
    www.lilywhite-designs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower, and I am loving these diy projects... especially this maxi skirt! -Rosala at arosewithhappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
//